Volunteering is a great way to get involved and become a vital part of our demented family. Get a taste of what is like to be working behind the scenes, make great friends in one of the most magical settings on earth and discover the real essence of the Mo:Dem Festival.
Volunteering can sometimes be challenging, but always rewarding. We are looking to engage reliable and enthusiastic volunteers who are are keen to dedicate their time and energy to help us create one of the most spectacular shows on the planet.
Mo:Dem owes much to the dedication and ongoing support of our volunteers, who are vital of the team. In return we hope to offer you a rewarding experience, through gaining new skills and meeting new and exciting people.
If you think volunteering at Mo:Dem is for you, please complete our application form and we will be in touch. All of our current volunteering opportunities are listed below.
Deadline for submissions is 31'st March 2020 at 23:59.
To be considered for a volunteer role at Mo:Dem Festival, you must meet the following criteria:
• Must have purchased a valid Mo:Dem Festival ticket from either: Litesource or Hadra Online shops and/or one of Mo:Dem’s ambassadors.
• Be 18 or over.
• Be available to arrive at the festival site according to the requirements of the specific Volunteering program you have applied for.
• Able to commit to the event for the allocated time;
• Turn up to assigned shifts on time and in a fit state to carry out duties.
• Outgoing with good communication skills and initiative;
• Be responsible for your own safety and that of your belongings
Note: Volunteers are required to purchase a ticket in advance in order for us to ensure that our volunteers turn up on time and carry out the tasks delegated to them. In the past a number of applicants have accepted positions but then decided not to turn up or perform their duties. This puts unfair pressure on those who have turned up and taken their responsibilities seriously. By introducing a this “safety net” measure we hope to make applicants think a little more carefully before submitting their application.
In exchange Volunteers will receive:
• On-site meals for shifts you work.
• Access to dedicated volunteer campsite.
• Help and support with anything whilst you are on site
• Upon successful completion of the volunteer program you will be entitled to a refund of the face value of your Mo:Dem Festival ticket (excluding b/f).
TYPES OF VOLUNTEERING PROGRAMS
1. Pre-Fest Team
You will be involved in the final stage of pre-production and construction of the festival. Providing support in getting the festival site up and running and ensuring it is ready to welcome guests.
Pre-Festival Team Requirements:
Group A (21st Jul - 4th Aug) - Volunteers must arrive on-site by Tuesday, 21st July at noon for orientation and training.
Group B (25th Jul - 4th Aug) - Volunteers must arrive on-site by Saturday, 25th July at noon for orientation and training.
• Volunteers are required to complete a minimum of 80 hours across the festival. This will be in addition to training and induction on-site.
2. Parking Stewards Team
As part to the parking stewards team you will be interacting with our guests, providing
information and guidance.
Parking Stewards Team Requirements:
• Availability (25th Jul - 4th Aug) - Volunteers must arrive on-site by Friday, 31st July at noon for orientation and training.
• Volunteers are required to complete a minimum of 36 hours across the festival. This will be in addition to training and induction on-site.
3. Post- Festival Team
Post festival production will include taking down the festival packing everything up.
Post-Festival Team Requirements:
• Availability (11th -16th Aug) - Volunteers must arrive on-site by Tuesday 11th, August at noon for orientation and training.
• Volunteers are required to complete a minimum of 40 hours across the festival. This will be in addition to training and induction on-site.
Our team reviews applications as quickly as possible, however please note due to the volume of applications we receive it can sometimes take longer than we would like before we get back to you with a response. We get back to all applicants with a decision as soon as we can. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.Fill in the form